Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can I spray paint a filter?

I have an extra UV filter, abut I want a natural density filter. I'm not worried about messing the filter up, so i was wondering if any of you have ever painted a filter? What did you use? I'm thinking spray paint. Permanent markers don't work so well. Please don't criticize.Can I spray paint a filter?
You wont be able to see anything through it.Can I spray paint a filter?
A Neutral Density filter is just what it says - neutral. It doesn't add or subtract color from the scene. It just blocks excess light.





If you were to spray paint your filter, whatever color you use will adversely affect your picture if you're shooting color.





Just buy the right equipment - a neutral density filter - to do what you want to do.
Not. It won't work. Think about spray painting your window- same thing. ND filters are not very expensive at all. If you want good results, buy the correct gear.





BTW, if you have one, a polarizer is about 2 stops of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment