Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have green resin (plastic) patio chairs that are losing their color. I plan to spray paint them: good idea?

The chairs are four years old. They are sturdy and have no other problems, so I don't want to throw them out if paint will do the trick. However, I'm concerned about paint peeling off. I do plan to spray a primer on first.I have green resin (plastic) patio chairs that are losing their color. I plan to spray paint them: good idea?
Prime chairs first using Glidden gripper primer from Home Depot and then use any rustoleum spray can finish as your top coat.I have green resin (plastic) patio chairs that are losing their color. I plan to spray paint them: good idea?
Regular paint will peel off. Spray on paint is a better choice. However, your best bet would be, as they said, spray paint designed specifically for vinyl.





Hope this helps





Nicolette


http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/
Use the spray paint made specifically for plastic. You can get it at most paint stores or home centers such as Home Depot {Oops scratch them they sponsor Toyotas in NASCAR}.


Instead at Lowe's Home Improvement centers. They sponsor Jimmie Johnson's #48 Chevy.
They have spray paint specifically for plastic. As long as you make sure you get that formula (easily spotted on the cans) you should be fine.
Check with a home improvement store. Krylon might make something exactly for that.
Use the new spray paint formulated for plastic and vinyl applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment