Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am goint to spray paint a terra cotta flower pot with sliver?

and glue clear stones on the outside of it. It will be used for planting of indoor flowers. Is it important to first use POLYURETHANE as a base? Why?





xoxoxoI am goint to spray paint a terra cotta flower pot with sliver?
I would not use polyurethane as a base at all, because then the silver paint will not stick. Instead, use a good all-around primer like Kilz or B.I.N. Either will make sure your paint will stick.





The most important thing is to coat the INSIDE of the planter as well as the outside. If you coat only the outside, water will absorb through the terra cotta, and your paint and everything else will peel away from behind.





If I'd use polyurethane for anything, I'd use it to give the final product a good seal.





Good luck!I am goint to spray paint a terra cotta flower pot with sliver?
don't use polyurethane as a base. Use a primer as a base. A primer that can be used on concrete. If it is staying indoors, use any cool looking silver paint. If you want, you can use a polyurethane as the final coat.
I never heard of that but I don't know much about terracotta. I would just spray paint and then finish off with a clear varnish to conceal the silver, once dry, glue your stones.





Happy spraying!
because terra cotta is porous and paint is not good for plants.
otherwise the flower pot will turn into the tin man and walk away with your flowers. those things can be a *********.
so the paint and glue stick to the sides of the pot better.
because your plants will die an agonizing death due to the glue otherwise
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment