Saturday, March 13, 2010

I want to spray paint my white rims black,i dont want to take the tire off the rim,can i just spray paint it?

can I just get a bottle of spary paint and spray paint it or if not, what is another cheap way.


Do i HAVE to take the tire off the rim,if I dont what will happenI want to spray paint my white rims black,i dont want to take the tire off the rim,can i just spray paint it?
The answer is have you the means to take your tyres off and the money.


If yes then thats your way to go.





If no then mask and newspaper around the tyre.I sprayed mine a while ago.Just remember to spray some good layers and laquer it well as it gets some knocks and bumps and can soon come off and crack.





Kitchen antibac wipes great for wiping off over spray and your hands.I want to spray paint my white rims black,i dont want to take the tire off the rim,can i just spray paint it?
ky jelly the tire paint will not stick
YES, but prep will help it look good longer, clean the rim with brake system spray cleaner and a stiff brush. Mask the tire or it will look crappy. use a spray paint designated as wheel paint, not the 89 cent special! and a thin coat of primer or silver paint will improve the looks of the final finish as it blocks old paint bleed thru. I painted black rims with silver and my neighbor thought i bought four wheel covers.
take the tires off . tires are tuff to mask. the more time you take the better it will look in the end. if you rush it and just paint the tire and wheel it will look dumb. im going to paint my wheels black too. i tried masking off. i thought of vaseline on the tires. but i know the easiest way is to remove my tires. it will look better in the end too.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment