Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can I spray paint my cement floor?

My room is on one side of the basement. On the other side I have my treadmill/workout area. Id like to do something about the floor to brighten it up a bit without spending much money. I know I can use cement paint, but can I simply use spray paint?Can I spray paint my cement floor?
Get 2 colors of concrete stain at Home depot. You sort a splatter them with a sprayer--the kind with a tank. then ue the other color overlapping. Then use a latex sealer. Be sure to tape up paper aroundthe room so you dont get it on the baseboard. It will look so good, it is durable but would cost about 100.00. It wil look profesional and will last a long time.Can I spray paint my cement floor?
You can use spray paint, but it has a tendency to get on everything.


Another issue is with spray paint, is that the contents of the concrete could react with the paint, resulting in poor ware of the paint.





Your best bet is to use a roller and paint designed specifically for concrete.





Regardless of what type of paint you choose, make sure you carefully prep the floor. If the floor is not cleaned of all contaminants, the paint will not properly adhere, regardless of what type of paint you use.
Yes, you can. I suggest you do it with a spray gun, but if you can't get your hands on one (rental or friend), then by all means use spray paint in cans. After all, it's what grafitti artists use to paint on cement building walls. Oh... forgot... you need to use enamel spray paint, not latex.





And, it'll be much easier to keep the floor clean once it's painted.
Instead of painting why don't you just go to Wal-Mart and get a room size carpet for $30.00? Spray paint I think you would just be wasting your money it would not adhere like regular concrete paint and you said you didn't want to use that.
Just use the paint your supposed to use on it. Or it wont work nearly as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment