Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can you use spray paint on fabric?

I am making a costume, and cannot find 'fabric' spray paint in the colour I need.





It is just for detailing work, so could I use regular spray paint on the fabric? Or will it come off????





thnaks!Can you use spray paint on fabric?
It's stiffer and it will chip. Why not use Jacquard ABI and an air brush -- that's what it's made for.


http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/44鈥?/a>Can you use spray paint on fabric?
Well in my experience I would say yes. My sister decorated a pair of pants for me for one of our school events. And she used regular white spray paint, we let it dry for like 2 days and after I wore them (which was a lot) I even washed them and didn't have a problem. I washed them a lot and not till the probably sixth wash did they start to crack.





My best advice is just do it and make sure you let it dry, before even thinking about messing with it. Hope this helps, good luck with your costume.
You can, BUT, depending on the TYPE of paint it can ';eat'; the material and/or become very stiff.





You might look for fabric INKS in the color needed.
ya

No comments:

Post a Comment