Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why do some white people obsessively lay in the sun, or spray paint their bodies, trying to 'look' darker?

If it raises your chances of skin cancer,and takes so much time. Whats so wrong with being white? Real white? Lots of people like regular milk with there cookies, or cereal. Not strawberry. Not chocolate. Just milk.Why do some white people obsessively lay in the sun, or spray paint their bodies, trying to 'look' darker?
The grass is always greener on the other side right? Actually, skin looks healthier with a little color. It dries zits, evens skin tones, helps with some skin conditions such as eczema etc. I sunbathed as a teenager and now regret it. After a skin cancer scare I am die hard sunblock girl. I'm teaching my girls that their skin is something they need to take care of. Besides cancer they can age their skin and prematurely age. I also want them to see that white is also beautiful. Nicole Kidman is a great role model for this. She wears long sleeves in the summer and hats and always uses sunblock. My kids have caught on. Getting a little sun isn't too bad at times though. Some people just go over board and end up looking like a piece of beef jerky before they're done.Why do some white people obsessively lay in the sun, or spray paint their bodies, trying to 'look' darker?
myself i like darker skin it is more appealing to me thats why i like jessica alba halle berry and salma hayek so well. i think women need to feel good about themselves to feel sexy and be any good for their mate and to others. there are alot of things out today that books say are unhealthy and except for the obvious there are eggs are bad for you milk is bad for you and on and on so the chance of getting skin cancer is just another chance you take to look good and most will take the chance
I think people are confusing spray tanning. it does NOT give you cancer. There is no UV in the spray.





As for why people do it, different reasons.


#1 reason is Vanity.





For me, I'll hit the tanning bed for 2 or 3 visits in Jan or Feb. It gets rid of those winter blues for me. I never end up tanning at all (I use like SPF 10,000 lmao.) but just that 7 minutes feeling like it's summer really takes that mid-winter depression away.





I don't mind the look of a slight tan in the summer but 1. don't get to dark. 2. don't do it in the winter. Looks so stupid. 3. Spray tans make you look orange so don't be doing that. lol
I'm as pale as the driven snow because I'm afraid of cancer. But I know why people do it.





If you tan it can make you look a little thinner.


Varicose veins, regular veins and cellulite are not so obvious.


If you have light skin and dark hair, it's very easy to see your follicles, tanning makes them less obvious.
An overweight friend of mine once said brown fat looked better than white fat. Some women don't mind the whiteness of their skin, while others don't like it. What works for one doesn't work for others. Young people think they're invincible and can't imagine they can get skin cancer.
Because during the summer it looks weird if you are pale, when everyone is tanned. So ';white'; people tan.
same reason dark people lighten there skin
Really?
because they have the obsessed notion that being tan means being healthy.
it all boils down to vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment