Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I found a antique off white dresser and night stand on the curb. Can I spray paint it white?

sure you can. sand it lightly first for the paint to be able to ';grip';. if you spray paint it, be careful you don't get drips and runs. use a light spray and do a few coats instead of trying to do it in one thick coat.I found a antique off white dresser and night stand on the curb. Can I spray paint it white?
Sure go ahead. You can paint it any color you want actually. I would rough it up with light sandpaper first, the paint will stick better. Also buy a good paint, it will cover better. You may want to give it a second coat too.I found a antique off white dresser and night stand on the curb. Can I spray paint it white?
If it's truly an antique, and in good condition you might want to have it professionally restored so as not to lose its value. If it's just a nice piece, go ahead and paint it but as you've been told, a light sanding first wil help the paint adhere.
depending on the shape it is in- you'll probably want to strip off all the original paint and sand out any scratches and what not then get some primmer first so that your paint will stay, personally I wouldn't use spray paint but you want go for it





\( *,_,*)/ have fun :D~
No!! Dont do it!! It will distroy the value of the dresser.
Sure why not. Whoever owned it did not want the furniture anymore. Take it and spray paint away!
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment