Tuesday, March 9, 2010

If I spray paint my muffler black , will it eventually flake ?

I would sand it down, prime and do about 3 layers of black heat resistant paint. Or any suggestions on how to do it? thanks for looking =]If I spray paint my muffler black , will it eventually flake ?
after a while it would have a chance of flakeing but being heat resistant it shouldnt for a while because ive painted crank cases with high temp spray paint and its still on there (4 years later)If I spray paint my muffler black , will it eventually flake ?
With exposure to the environment, and expansion %26amp; contraction from heating %26amp; cooling, eventually it will, but chances are your muffler will rust out from the inside first.


The only reason I can think of why they don't paint mufflers when they make them, is so you have to buy a new one next year.
Smart of you to ask, and also add that you will be using heat resistant paint. Uhm, the first answer I forgot the name....he answered it. I was just commenting. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment