Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where can you get Spray Paint used to pain camo on your gun.?

Ive seen a brand online called Aervoe. is it anygood? is it what i need. im trying to paint digital camoWhere can you get Spray Paint used to pain camo on your gun.?
Try looking on Brownells for Dura-coat or Aluma-hyde.





I know a lot of people that have just used cheap krylon and have had good results. It isn't the toughest stuff around and scratch/wears easily, but you could just touch it up.





Try looking at: http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=鈥?/a> for some ideas.Where can you get Spray Paint used to pain camo on your gun.?
I used what's known as 'Bow-flage'. It's by Hunter's Specialties (H.S. Camo), and the official name is 'Removable Camo Spray Paint'. It's supposed to be long-lasting and yet _removable_ if ya want, like to change the color, or sell it, or whatever. From the reports I've read on other forums, it seems to hold up pretty well.


They sell it in individual 4.5 oz. cans, or a 'kit' of 4 cans of different colors. The cans were $3 when I got 'em, and the kit was $12, so there's not really a price break. The kit comes with a stencil, and maybe better instructions too.
Good luck painting digital camo. I skip the tapes and paints and buy a camo gun sock (found in turkey section of hunting stores). IT works great. Just cut the holes for the action and trigger assembly and you are good to go. Olive drab paint can be bought at army surplus stores/sites. The temporary stuff was covered by an earlier answerer.
I`d take Longshot`s advice and get a sock. My friend ruined the bluing on his shotgun by using camo paint. I`m not sure of the brand,but it was also supposed to be removeable. It came off and left permanent ';camo'; in light and dark blue on his gun.
I've used krylon and not had an issue. Use fusion if it's not a wood stock. Duracoat is good stuff, but the rifles I tend to paint don't warrant that kind of expense and I fully expect my field rifles to get a little dinged up.
I had no idea there was a special paint for that, I have never painted anything Camo.
Walmart has it.*

No comments:

Post a Comment