Sunday, March 7, 2010

I need to apply white paint to my citrus tree's trunk - can I use canned spray paint, or must I use a brush?

The bark is peeling off the southwest side of the tree trunk and over the past several years the branches have thinned considerably and fruit is rare. It's a 15-20 yr. old lemon tree, and we live in the desert, Phoenix area. I know the tree is not long for this world, but I want to preserve it as long as possible. Any advice is appreciated!I need to apply white paint to my citrus tree's trunk - can I use canned spray paint, or must I use a brush?
Actually the best thing to do is a wash of about 30% flat white paint mixed with 70% water. I guess you could put it in a paint sprayer--but straight paint would not be recommended. It helps with sunscald, insects, and woodpeckers.


Pruning might also help!I need to apply white paint to my citrus tree's trunk - can I use canned spray paint, or must I use a brush?
Here is an instructionall video:


http://naturehills.com/gardening/blogs/h鈥?/a>
Most canned spray paint is oil base paint which can kill your tree..You have to use a latex based paint...use a brush or a cheap throw away roller..
use a brush


a spray will lay in a very thick batch

No comments:

Post a Comment