Thursday, March 4, 2010

How do I safely get spray paint off wood floors?

Others are right when they say that solvents will dull your wood floor. Paint thinner, if used within a day or so, will take off the spray paint and slightly dull your floor. It will, however, work. So might Alcohol remove the paint, but with less chance of dulling your floor.





If you do dull your floor there are products to bring it back. I once bought a can of Clear Polyurathane and sprayed the dull spot without masking. It looked too shiney at first but quickly faded in. This was in the middle of the floor and I can't see anything now. I did 2 coats. You would need to determine, gloss, or Semi gloss. My floor was semi gloss, which I believe most homes are.





Now that's assuming you have Poly Finish floor. If the floor has no, or almost no, finish left then go at it with Paint Thinner and a green 3M Sponge.How do I safely get spray paint off wood floors?
spray paint in oil based, and needs a petroleum product to remove it. Unfortunately, it will also (maybe) remove the varnish on the floor unless you just lightly rub the paint stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment